30 Mar Consent for the siting of three Shepherd’s Huts for tourist accommodation
The RPP has recently secured planning consent for the siting of three Shepherd’s Huts for tourist accommodation in Stone, Kent.
The applicants run a successful honey production company. With 80% of their revenue from honey production, they also get the remaining 20% of their revenue from training and teaching people about production.
Due to the pandemic, they wanted to diversify and offer a tourist attraction offering holiday lets on a working bee farm. The farm would offer tours and training days to clients who were staying.
Our team were able to show that tourist development is an acceptable form of development in the countryside. They also showed that the sensitive design and use of materials had no adverse impact or harm to the AONB. Therefore, they demonstrated that the proposal meets with both local and national planning policies.