We have given a donation to this great charity MSF Doctors without Borders
- This emergency fund helps ensure MSF can respond to emergencies around the world, including the earthquake in Syria and Turkey.
Following the powerful earthquakes, MSF teams already supporting people across northwest Syria mobilised, along with local partner organisations, to respond to the overwhelming needs in the area.
Throughout the earthquakes, MSF have:
- Donated emergency trauma and surgery kits to 23 other hospitals and clinics in the region
- Deployed ambulances and dispatched extra staff to hard-hit healthcare facilities
- More than 2,500 families have received blankets, hygiene kits, and food items
- Two MSF maternity centres have been evacuated due to the risk of collapse
The situation is extremely fast-moving. More information on MSF’s response to the earthquake will be shared as it becomes available.
Find out more at https://msf.org.uk/